Friday, January 29, 2016

A Goal to Work From

1/29/16 

At the Dr's
I had a Dr's appointment this morning and I had to step on a scale to see my weight. I haven't done that in over 6 months so I had no idea what numbers I would be seeing. As I stood there staring at the number, praying for it to go down somehow, I was left wondering why I was so big. When I was younger, I made a promise to myself that I would never go above 200. Promise broken.

Mixed Feelings
I decided today that the scale will be a positive thing and show me that my hard work is paying off. I will go ahead and buy a scale and I will keep track on a weekly basis vs every day. I will set my goal small and achievable!

Yoga for Mom and Baby
Coral led us through a routine of mommy and baby yoga today and I really enjoyed myself. I have decided to stop hating yoga because it is a great way to stay limber and I am tired of not wanting to do yoga. Those in the class always hear me grumbling about how I am not into yoga or how I hate it and I guess here in the blog I can just say why.

The Not Surprising Answer
When I do yoga, I am forced to pay attention to my body and how out of shape and fat I have gotten. For the same reason that I do no look into mirrors on a regular basis, I do not like doing yoga because it forces me to really pay attention to all my lumps and bulges.

A Small Goal
I decided that I will be attempting to lose 5 pounds to start off with and I will give myself until the end of February.

A Bigger Goal
I will be attempting to lose 11 pounds total and to make my gut smaller. This has no time limit because I do not want to be rushed and not make progress.

A Side Note
The nurse in the office did tell me that my method of birth control has been known to put weight on some women. I am not going to be using this as an excuse until I have actually worked my ass off and can't lose any weight. No more excuses!!!

Starting weight: 210
End Goal: 199


No comments:

Post a Comment