Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Day 77

10/20/15

Day 77: Active in the cold

This morning was really cold but staying active helped a little. I am so thankful I found my sweater in time for this fall / winter weather!

Question of the day: Rain or snow?
Answer: If I HAD to choose one, I would pick snow.

- Warm up
- Lunge over the bridge
- Stretch out our legs
- 6 minute run down the road leading to the water waste area
- Go inside the baseball field
- Wall sit between verses of Thumbkin
- Run the bases
- Skip to the grass, push ups
- Lunges to the grass, jumping jacks
- Side shuffles to the grass, skater jumps
- Grape vines to the grass
- Circle on the grass and get out yoga mats
- Counting down from 5:
- 100's
- Step out planks
- Stretch it out, cool down
- Pack it up and head over to the play date

Pretty good workout today, I saw a little frog while doing wall sits and the group found out that yes, I do talk to myself and out loud!

The lunges across the bridge made my legs feel like noodles so I took them slower on the baseball field. Did kind of a high knee walk instead of skipping, I will work on building up my shins but that wasn't going to happen today.

It occurred to me today after looking at the pictures that Coral takes of our group, those are the only pictures of me that are really floating around because I really don't like my picture being taken. This made me a bit reflective of what would happen if I were to suddenly pass. My poor kids would only be left with pictures of me working out and nothing of fun memories. I am thinking I REALLY need to change that!

I have noticed that I seem a bit thinner in certain places thanks to all my hard work but I still have a very long way to go.

Play date was a small group but I think the kids had fun with the paint, I might have to buy some to help decorate our pumpkins instead of cutting them this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment