Thursday, October 1, 2015

Day 69

10/1/15

Day 69: Pyramids in the rain

Class was a little different today since we moved locations and it was raining! Finally!! We really need this rain so I hope that it keeps on coming down, even if it is off and on!

Question of the day: When or if you go to a coffee shop, what do you order?
Answer: Iced Chai Tea Latte or a S'mores Frappachino. All cold drinks. I don't do hot. I can handle warm but I prefer cold.

1) Warm Up

2) Pyramid of:
- Push ups
- Step ups
- Chair Dips
- Side Step Ups
- Mountain Climbers
- Side shuffle between each set

3) Gather up our strollers, head to the horse shoe area

4) Partner up and do a relay of:
- Partner One: Lunges
- Reverse
- Side
- Lateral

- Partner Two:
- Balance walk with foot dips down a beam to the fence
- Uses the green band on the fence to do the archer pose
- 10 jumping jacks
- Balance beam back

Winner does 5 Squat jumps of joy, Losers do 5 Burpees

5) Pack up and go back under the dry tent / canopy area

6) Switch Partners

7) Get out yoga Mats

8) Play the Dice Game = Roll a Dice to decide how many of each item you and your partner will do:
- Jumping Jacks
- Reverse Lunges
- Mountain Climbers
- Push Ups

Winners do Joy Squats, Losers do Mountain Climbers

9) Roll up the mats a little so you have support for the knees

10) Pyramids of Fire Hydrants and Donkey Kicks

11) Stretch it out

12) Pack up, dry off and head home

Today was really fun! The rain didn't stop us from getting a good workout but the flu that is going around is keeping people away! We had a smaller group but I think it all worked out in the end.

That first pyramid set kicked my ass. I lost count on a few of them and ended up doing more than what was needed but a little extra never hurt my fat booty, rofl

The relay race was fun and both teams ended with a tie so we all jumped for joy. Of course, it would start sprinkling and then raining during my turn to go but I made it through with no injuries!

That dice game. I am an avid gamer and I really hate rolling ones but let me tell you, with this game, I want all the one's!! I continued to roll 6's the entire 3 rounds of that game and it was bad. The other team won, but I think we might have been the real winners since we got more of an exercise!

The fire hydrants and the donkey kicks ended up hurting my knees since we were on the solid ground but nothing that I wasn't able to shake off and I am feeling fine now. On my knees, lol, I am so sore everywhere else!

I was really happy that we were able to have class today, even with the rain. At least we now have a good covered location in case the weather turns bad and we don't have an indoor space.


No comments:

Post a Comment