Thursday, October 29, 2015

Day 83

10/29/15

Day 83: Trial Day!

Question of the day: What are you and your family dressing up for during Halloween?

Answer: My family and I are sticking to a Harry Potter theme this year.

Last month is listed first and today is listed second and in bold.

1) Overhead Press: 25 / 30
2) Arm Curls: 35 / 40
3) 1/2 Mile: 8 minutes 58 seconds / 9 minutes 6 Seconds
4) Wall Sits: 2 minutes 30 seconds / 1 minute 30 seconds
5) Chair Dips: 30 / 40
6) Jump Rope: 30
7) Mountain Climbers: 40 / 40
8) Push ups: 20 / 15
9) Plank: 1 minutes / 1 minute 6 seconds
10) Downward Dog: 2 minutes / 2 minutes

There are some great improvements going on this month and I made sure to not even look at my last month's numbers until I got home. I didn't want the added pressure of trying to get better or feeling bad if I did worse.

It was really cold out this morning and poor Lilly was frozen by the time we were finished. I wish she would wear gloves or a hat. I feel like a bad mom when I see her shivering but she yells at me when I put more layers onto her and just strips them off.

That run time is a fail in my book but I was really proud of myself for actually doing it! I would have loved to sit off to the side and just let the other ladies run all they want but I told myself that I didn't care what my time was going to be, I was going to get it done! Any time is better than sitting or standing around doing nothing.

The leg cramps were almost worth it, lol, freaking right side of my body is always cramping up first! It is always in the same spot too. By my ankle, where it flexes is where it ends up hurting the most. Luckily, the pain goes away as I stretch it out but while I am running or jogging, it SUCKS.

I made sure to dig dip on this wall sit and actually look like I am sitting on an invisible chair. Thanks to the wet grass, my legs kept trying to slide out from under me. I think I gave the ladies a laugh with the weird angle of my leg today! So even though my time was shorter, my body position was better off, besides that weird leg, lol

The jump rope was a fun addition! I actually really like jumping rope and Lilly laughed while I was jumping. I really felt the jumping in my stomach today, the muscles were very confused. Between yesterday's activities and today's I have really been putting myself into actually getting some sweating workouts done. More jumping and actually managing to get the correct posture in has been my goals this week.

Coral was nice enough to check and correct my downward dog and jeeze, I have seriously been doing it wrong! I felt so much more stretch and pull today! I am honestly surprised that my time stayed the same as last month since I was getting the shaking arms and legs going on!

Coral also made sure to correct my plank position. I had my butt too far in the air so I had to lower it and I instantly felt that in my stomach and arms! She recommended that I use my knees for better support and I held out for as long as I could just normal plank but I ended up on my knees and my right leg started to cramp, no surprise there.


No comments:

Post a Comment