Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Day 86

11/4/15

Day 86: Leg day

Question: Would you rather have your child wear a uniform or have them pick their own clothing?

Answer: I think it really depends on the uniform and my child's clothing options, lol, I love having my child express themselves through their clothing but I know that I am not always happy with current trends that are out.

- Warm ups
- Head to the Barre bar
- Get into a 90 degree angle
- 30 leg lifts each leg
- pointed and flexed toe
- Low side shuffles across the room and back
- Put one leg on the barre, do both legs:
- stretch straight, touching toe
- bend knee, close to chest
- Get back to that 90 degree angle:
- lift your leg 30 times, each leg
- Get out your bands:
- Old mac Donald
- Wall sits
- Alternate between:
- Lunge to the left
- Sumo Squat
- Lunge to the right
- Get out your Yoga mat:
- Hip lifts
- Hip pulses
- Open and Close thighs, while in hip lift
- Donkey Kicks / Pulses
- Fire Hydrant leg circles
- Stretch it all out:
- Child's Pose
- Downward Dog
- Pack it all up and get ready for Essential Oils class

Today's class was obviously a leg day, lol, my legs were really feeling it! My right side is still weaker than my left but I can feel that it is getting stronger.

Those angles on the barre bar were pretty tough, I for sure felt these in my hammy's and my back. I felt proud that I was able to get my body into the correct position and keep it there!

The leg on the bar was pretty crazy. My legs haven't stretched like that in a long time. I am so happy I was able to get my legs onto the bar though, it was pretty high up and I didn't want to flake and use a lower bar because that is not going to get me my wanted results.

Old Mac Donald went good, I have been making sure to actually do the jumping parts and I have noticed that my shins have stopped hurting as much as they used to! They are slowly getting used to my new movements and that is so exciting for me. It always cracks me up how much the group perks up when they see Coral with her phone, either taking pictures or recording us. I make sure to put a bit more effort into my moves as well, lol

The wall sits were a little bit of a fail for me today. My feet were slipping too much on the tiled floor so I had to stop sooner than I would have liked. I am going to have to figure out a solution to that problem since we are indoors now.

The lunge squats were pretty fun, Lilly chose that time to stand by my legs so I might have missed a few but I still did good!

The yoga mat routine was different. I always feel so silly when we do hip pulses and stuff but the open and close felt great on my thighs! I could do those every day. I do have to complain a bit about the popping in my freaking hip but I am told that as I do more moves and stretches involving those areas then it will go away. I can't wait for that day! My right hip / thigh area sucked with the popping and being tense today.



No comments:

Post a Comment