Monday, November 2, 2015

Day 84

11/2/15

Day 84: Indoors Cardio

Riddle / rhyme of the day: we played Behind the Green Door

- Warm ups
- Side Shuffle the white line
- At the Barre Bar, leg flexes
- pointed and flexed
- lunges
- grape vines
- Circles chairs for duck, duck, goose
- Butt kickers around the chairs
- Chair dips after you have been goosed
- Mountain climbers while you are duck
- Partner up for resistance band jacks
- Relay with 4 cones: winners jump squats, losers burpees
- Bear crawl x 3
- Lunges x 1
- Apple Tree: 5 Apples
- Get out yoga mats and bands
- High ho the dairy-o, -blank- is here today:
- Bicycles
- Child's pose
- Donkey Kicks
- Sideways mountain climbers
- Rotations of:
- Flutter kicks
- Star fish legs
- Stretch it all out, Pack up and go home

Please excuse the length of my thoughts in today's post but I am figuring that since I moved my thoughts to the blog vs in a facebook status, I can just go on for days, lol, I can also blather on about everything verses trying to cut it short.

Today was a good monday but I don't think I pushed myself as much as I could. I have to say that while I really do miss being out doors with all the fresh air, I enjoy being warm instead of freezing!

That thing of the day was something I decided not to participate in, lol, my brain was trying to over think it and I just listened to everyone else play. It was pretty fun but I would totally sit out again since I am more a single sentence question or riddle girl. If I start thinking too much about things then I shut down on my workout.

The warm up today contained thigh openers and dang if I didn't feel all of them. I was popping and creaking all over the place. I really need to work on opening my hips out.

My son cracked me up today, he was there and he figured out how to work the stereo in the studio and was our personal dj today. I ended up doing my apple trees by him since I was helping him to choose some upbeat music for the group to listen to. Songs with no words and Christmas music just wasn't cutting it for us today.

The duck, duck, goose game was fun, I did hurt my shin and I was scared of my chair falling out from under me while I was doing chair dips and mountain climbers but I did okay. I could have pushed myself so much more than I did and I feel a little regret on that.

Oh that relay, so many thoughts on this one. I think that is the first time in all of the days and months of working out that I have done a bear crawl!! I had positive thoughts when I first started out and then I got dizzy when I started going too fast. I made sure to tell my partner that I was sorry and had to slow it down to a lazy bear. I ended up being the one to do the lunges in our team and I did them so fast, the others were saying I lost my form but I totally made sure that my knees didn't go over my ankles, rofl!! In the end, I cost us the win and I ended up doing some burpees.

For the high ho song, I like how we can all pick an exercise and number to do as a group. I think it beings us together as a group and there can be some pretty interesting things tossed out. Especially when you don't have a set number max, lol

Overall, today was good, I am going to have to really pump it up tomorrow because I want to actually feel like I am doing a good workout vs just moving around the floor. I will have to wear one of my tighter shirts tomorrow so I don't have the ladies bouncing around as much as well. So annoying when I was trying to do certain moves and they were bouncing all over the place!


No comments:

Post a Comment