Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Day: 54

9/2/15
Day 54: Water balloon day workout
I had so much fun today, I was worried I wasn't going to make it! We were down a car and I was up and running before 5 to get the hubs to work then take son to school a few hours later. After he was settled in, I took the car to the shop and took my truck to workout group! Then I had to haul ass home to get Santi the car so he could go to an important meeting by 10:30.
I cut it so freaking close today on my times but I did it and had no time to rest until after I made dinner tonight, which is why I am typing out this post so late. I was in bed, about to pass out when I realized I never made my post for today!
I realized I also never gave my answer to the question of the day but I am going to call mum on this one. Lol, those in class get why.
1) warm ups (Coral really wanted us to get our heart rates up there so we were stretching it up good)
2) two band relay:
- lunge or bear crawl to the first band, 10 jumping jacks (I chose to do the lunges because the bear crawls are not my cup of tea at the moment and I did low impact jacks to save my knees)
- high knees or something with legs to the second band (I seriously can't remember what the heck we did here. I know it was something with legs though, lol)
3) Fast walk / jog to the baseball field (Coral wanted us to keep our heart rate up so we were ready for our big water workout)
4) Partner up for:
- ballon over head and between leg passes (I chose my partner well today! We did awesome with our passes and we are about the same height so the over and under was good!)
- ballon twist passes while sitting on yoga mats (I felt bad for being all sweaty already between the sun and running around but I did it and no balloons were harmed in these 2 activities)
- balloon side shuffle passes to the grass and back (I totally thought that I was going to let my partner down but I made it there and back again with no drops!)
- balloon toss of one partner walks backwards and the other forward then switch (the sun was a killer to my eyes on this one but success once again! We kept our balloon safe and sound)
- balloon toss where when you catch it, you reverse lunge back a step (this is where I knew it would all crumble away, rofl, the more distance there was, the worse my fear of being hit in the face grew. I totally dropped the balloon on this one!)
- If you drop your balloon, both partners have to do jumping squats (I ended up doing normal squats since jumping is not my thing)
5) Everyone line up and get ready for some balloon ball, 3 rounds: 
- hit a water balloon with a baseball bat and skip around the bases, if you miss, high knee run from first to second base, skipping along the rest (This one was so much fun! I just ran / jogged the bases instead of skipping because skipping hurts my shins. Ugh. I missed the first balloon but caught my other 2! One of my balloons exploded right in my face and soaked my glasses and t-shirt, lol, pictures of these adventures are on the mountain mama page, if my readers wanna check those babies out)
6) Squat potato (everyone got into a circle and squatted while waiting for the balloon to be tossed their way. There was like 5 balloons going at once so it was crazy fun, lol)
7) Head to the grass along the baseball field and get out our yoga mats
8) Stretching and cool down (I am sure there was some more stuff here but my brain is so dead that I can't remember. I was also concentrating on having fun vs remembering all the moves, lol)
9) playdate with kiddie pools (we stayed for a little bit and Lilly had fun with her water balloon and then I had to haul ass out of there to get to my hubs on time.)
Overall, today was a ton of fun and I am so happy I was able to go. It didn't feel like a workout but rather it was just playing around with some friends and kids. I am looking forward to what tomorrow has in store for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment