Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Day 57

9/9/15

Day 57: Cardio Fun

I am chugging tea like it is going out of style and between yesterday and today, I feel SO much better! I was able to workout at a comfortable level and not fall behind, except on that fast run / jog thing we did, lol

1) Warm Ups

2) Jog / Run to the Baseball field (More like a fast paced walk for me because there is no way I could have ran today. I am still in recover mode)

3) Mama Bear, Mama Bear: 2 Rounds
- Turn in a jump or pivot (I went with the pivot, but I think I am going to try the jump thing when I am not sick)

- Squat Kick

- Walkout Plank 2x (I did these and very well. I did get out my yoga mat because I didn't think I should be getting my hands all wet while I am fighting to get better)

- Run to the field or in place (I ran in place, then turned it to a slow jog, lol)

- Skater leg thingies (I did them and they felt good on my legs. I kinda compare them to the grape vines but this has a jump to it, lol)

- Run Back to the Strollers (I high kneed it then stopped for a water break to catch my breath)

4) Attach bands low to the ground and High Knee for 20 Seconds (I can't remember when we did the high knees but I know we did them so I just put them here, lol)

5) 10 Arm Curls, 10 Kettle Bells: 2 rounds (These were pretty good today, I was able to pull these off without being too out of breath.)

6) Partner Up for Resistance Band Jacks (I did low impact jacks and survived)

7) Break up into two groups of 3

8) Relay with the 1st place winners doing squat jumps and the 2nd place winners doing burpees: (It was pretty close and each team had a sick person on it. Luckily, I was on the team 1 because I really don't like them burpees. I was cool with the joy squats though, lol)
- 2 back at the fence doing overhead arm extensions (These were okay for a few reps but then my arms just didn't want to keep going so I took the time to just stretch a little)

- 1 person lunges to the band in the grass (I decided to go first since I didn't want to slow down my team. Lunges went by fast, I think I am a pro! I did almost lose sight of my green band goal because it was blending in with the grass, lol)

- 5 Push Ups (Phht, I super rocked these and I was actually keeping a fast pace!)

- High Kick back to tag your teammate (I still think of Monty Python whenever we do these)

9) Pack up and move to the sidewalk

10) Grapevine to the benches then walk to our cool down area (I am happy that we do these now instead of of the shuffles that we used to do. I am sure one day my coordination will be awesome, today was not that day.)

11) Get out your bands for a visit with Dinah (So many verses to this song but my arms were actually okay and I did use a red band!)

12) Get out your Yoga Mats (Finding a place without the gophers living it up sucks. In the time that this class has started to now, there is hardly any grass left with no mounds of dirt!)

13) Side planks and hold (I didn't want to push it with these today so I just made sure to stretch it out and made sure to engage my core muscles and my sides)

14) Push ups and hold plank (I was running low on the energy at this point so I did the push ups on my knees and my plank was lack luster but I still got some in!)

15) Stretch it all out (Lilly was all out and about at this point and she was helping me with some of my stretches and what nots here, lol)

16) Cool down and go home

Today was story time at the library so I decided to go ahead and go to that and Lilly had fun! We stayed into the older kids one for a bit but she decided it was time to go and made a break for the door so we just came home where she started a very long nap!

I was able to find my Son's soccer gear in that time (except the freaking shin guards and 1 cleat!) so I felt really accomplished! Now to go finish off my 5th cup of green tea with a ton of honey and relax until school is out.


No comments:

Post a Comment