Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Day 68

9/30/15

Day 68: Trial Day!
Not sure what is up with my brain today but I keep failing to remember the exact wording for the question of the day! Here goes my attempt, lol
Question: What improvements have you noticed, physically and / or mentally since you have joined MM?
Answer: I have noticed that I do not tire as easily. Thanks to socializing, I have made new friends and improved my mental health. I enjoy working out and my diet sure has changed! I was joking about this with the ladies a while back but I can't eat as much as I used to! This class also helped me to inspire both of my children to enjoy working out with me and by themselves so that was a plus for all of us.
Now to trial day! 1st numbers are last month and 2nd numbers are today!
1) Quick Warm Ups
2) Overhead Press: 20 / 25
3) Arm Curls: 30 / 35
4) 1/2 Mile Run: X / 8 mins 58 seconds
5) Wall Sit till you drop: 1 min 42 sec / 2 min 30 sec
6) Chair Dips: 30 / 30
7) Mountain Climbers: 30 / 40
8) Push Ups: 20 / 20
9) Plank till you drop: 1 min / 1 min
10) Downward Dog until you drop: 2 mins / 2 mins
11) Stretch it out
12) Pack up, go home
I decided to not look at my previous times before or after each of the sets and to look at them while I am making my post. I see much of the same and not a lot of improvement going on.
That 1/2 mile was stupid. Not gonna lie. I think I dragged my time out way too much since I had to stop and wait for my legs to stop burning and try not to cry. I was going to skip out on it but then both Coral and Kara looked at me and reminded me I was going to run this month. I am so disappointed in myself when it comes to running.
Wall sits! Really? After all that leg burning misery just 30 seconds before?! I guess running beforehand improves my ability to be stuck in that position.
Everything else was pretty basic and if you follow my blog, you will notice that we did not do step ups, fire hydrants or donkey kicks this month. Coral decided and we all agreed that there isn't much room for improvement with those activities so we aren't going to keep them in the trials. I think my butt totally needs to be worked out so I hope we have time to do a few tomorrow!
Today was a good day overall and I am glad that it is over! I am totally cool with my basic workouts. I really need to find a way to enjoy jogging or something because I hate being the slowest one in the freaking class!


No comments:

Post a Comment