Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Day 53

9/1/15

Day 53: Work Out / Day X on the Squats

I was late today since it was my Son's first day back to school. I missed the first 15 minutes of class but I was so glad that I made it!

One down side, I freaking forgot my water bottle. That royally sucked. Do not workout without water.

Question for the day: What do you usually eat before group?
Answer: I do not eat. I usually sleep in for as long as possible and then I get up and go. That will be changing now that I am taking my Son to school again.

1) Find the group (luckily they weren't too hard to find and they all said hello to me as they saw me walking up. So much love!)

2) Grapevine side shuffle to the path (I kinda shuffled, lol, I was still trying to catch my breath from the quick moving from dropping off son, changing into my workout clothing, then hurrying to the park.)

3) Quick Feet (I had my breath back by now and was able to get some of these in)

4) Red Light, Green Light to the bench (I handled the lunges pretty well but flopped on the running, lol, I really missed my water)

5) Rotations of, 2x:
-Squat kicks (So I was okay with doing squats today but I totally did it wrong since I was following Coral and Janet and they were doing the challenge squats)

-Push Ups (My arms decided to pop a ton today, that's what I get for skipping a day!)

-Chair Dips (Not so bad on my wrists today, I am not going to start wrapping them. Thanks for the suggestion though, I just take it slower on things and will build up naturally)

6) Red Light, Green Light to our yoga mat area (Lunges were still good and I could feel more of what was going on with my legs and butt thanks to my new workout pants, lol)

7) Ab workout rotations, Crunches 2x:
- Regular (I felt like I was doing these all wrong but I was doing it correct. My abs are just not used to such motions)

- Side (A little different, I kept wanting to just do normal crunches, lol)

- Leg scissors (My legs needed a leash today, they were everywhere! I got it on the second round though)

- Reverse (Phht, yeah, that was not really happening for me today but I did keep my legs in the air and worked on keeping them up and straight.)

- Star Fish (I really like these and I feel them more in my tummy vs all the other stuff. I need to actually start focusing on my tummy this month. I am sick and tired of this huge blub above my waist!)

8) Cool down, pack up and roll out

I forgot to ask everyone what we had done while I was not there. I know I must have missed out on a bunch, seeing on how there was at least 20 minutes of class finished by the time I arrived.

I skipped out on yesterday and I was going to do the same today but I saw Coral in the store last night and I felt really bad about missing group. Like I said above, I am so glad that I did make it. My day just feels off and weird when I don't workout and I know that Lilly loved being outside with her friends today. I will try to be there on time tomorrow!

Squat Challenge

Right, so I dropped the squat challenge. I was just getting tired of all of those squats and I really hate doing stuff at home and by myself. This is one of the reasons why I am so happy to have Coral leading our group because I have so many excuses and talk myself into quitting so easily.


No comments:

Post a Comment