Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Day 56

9/8/15
Day 56: Abs and Running
Today's question of the day: What did you do for Labor Day week end?
Answer: Recovered from the back to school head cold that my Son decided to share with me and his sister. I worked on Soccer coach stuff to get ready for our first practice tomorrow. I also did a bit of Tupperware organization in case anyone wanted a party or what not.
1) Warm ups (I was so lazy on these but I got into towards the end)
2) Apple Tree (Coral wanted us to do some burpees between our rounds but I did reverse lunges because that is what my body said yes to. This head cold is a pain! I can't wait for it to just be all up in my head and away from my throat!)
3) Get out Yoga Mat for Ab work Rotations 2x
- Crunches (Starting out good, I kinda did them on the first round, better on the 2nd)
- Side to Side Crunches (I just kinda moved my arms from side to side while laying on my back the first round and actually lifted and moved for the second)
- Leg lifts (I did these both rounds, it felt good to actually get my legs to be all up in the air)
- Bicycles (I did both rounds of these as well, I did a slow pedal because I wanted to be taking it easy but it still got done)
4) Head to the college trail for a 20 minute run (Coral gave us plenty of options for these and I did a fast walk with a partner who was recovering from a workout boot camp she is attending. I could tell Lilly wasn't feeling too good because she fell asleep on the walk!)
5) Stop by the Pea Pod Fence
6) Arm Extensions with Resistance Bands (Felt good on my arms, especially since I was kinda wimping it out on the warm ups. It was kinda weird but I felt the red band was acting like a green band today. Not sure if I was just not stepping out far enough or my arms are getting used to the red?)
7) Head to the Tennis area grass for Downward Dog (I lasted for like 30 seconds on these then just plopped on my mat for a water and recover break)
8) Cool down and pack up (Turned in a purple bag and got the new green bag! It is so weird seeing the green after using the purple for so long, lol)
Today was good, I am still suffering from the stupid head cold so I took it easy but my medicine started kicking in and made my life a little better. Lilly woke up when I put her in the car so I keep trying to talk her into taking another nap, lol, so far she is not going for it.
We are eating some healthy oatmeal with nuts and berries and I am drinking my green tea and my throat coat.


No comments:

Post a Comment