Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Day 39

8/5/15
Day 39: Work Out / Day 3: Squat Challenge

The picture today is how I felt today after the entire workout was complete!

I am sore today, in a good way but actually feeling everything we did. Meagan came back and I was happy to see her better and with us. We also gained a new member to our group this morning, a mom of two kids who is pretty fast, like most of the other mom's in the group, lol.

Today I am considering to be a leg day, not just because of our challenge but because we did resistance band workouts, yay! I decided it was time for me to step it up and use my red band. I am so happy I did because I actually felt like I was getting the  max benefits out of the bands.

1) Warm Ups (I was on time and felt good! Kinda tired but nothing too bad)

2) Run at your own pace to the baseball field (I felt this run / jog / speed walk on my shins and it was irritating me. I am sick of my shins acting up only when I run)

3) Attach your resistance band to the fence, low to the ground (I was feeling pretty pumped about using my red band, it needed to be used, lol)

4) Inner Thigh Work, both legs (Such a difference between the red and green bands on my legs!! I loved it, I actually felt my legs being worked and I didn't have to be so far from the fence, lol)

5) Apple Tree, 5 Apples (I was hard pressed on learning this song since Lilly really seems to enjoy it. I think I got it down, Thanks Coral for putting up with my requests for learning these songs. If it helps you yo know, I did sing more!!)

6) Inner Thigh Work, both legs (Still doing good with the red band and so happy I challenged myself)

7) Pyramid Sets of: A twist jump, quick feet, push ups, walking plank. Start at 8 of each and work our way down to 1 (Kinda wondering if Coral wanted us to die, rofl, just kidding! These were so hard core though! I had to stop a few times for water and to stretch out my wrists and ankles but I felt I kept up pretty good!)

8) Gather up the bands and walk / jog to the swings (Phht, maybe I should say hobble over? I took it slower to the swings but still jogged a little to make up for my little break during the pyramid stuff)

9) Partner up and one group do swing curls and the others do Russian Twist bottle pass (Oh man, these swings were tough! I was having fun trying them out though! I ended up just having my chest on the ground and pulling my legs towards me so I could try to get a little core action going on. I felt like I was doing some yoga poses there for a moment! The upward facing dog or maybe like a seal? Rofl, it was still a ton of fun and I would totally try it again! As for the bottle passes, I didn't realize that my partner was stuck on a downward hill until we were already going and she was using all of her body to just stay put and not slide. I think she got a good workout just from that!)

10) Head to our yoga mat cool down area

11) Old Mac Donald had a Farm resistance bands, outer thigh leg work (I stuck with the red bands and it was really good! I am so happy I got to use my red bands today and I totally got out of having to pick an animal today! Ha!)

12) Squat Challenge! Narrow Squat, Narrow Squat with Back Kick, Basic Squat, Basic Squat with Side Leg Lift, Sumo Squat 6 reps each, 2x total: 60 Squats (So, these. Lol, the first round went great, I felt it in my thighs but not enough to hinder or cause me to want to stop then we hit the second wave and damn. That was so freaking tough! I did it but holy crap! I was jelly afterwards and Kara suggested we take the rounds a bit slower so we could make sure to get perfect form and don't hurt ourselves. I am so happy we have a break from squats tomorrow though!)

13) Stretch it out, pack up and roll out (I was jello by now and so ready to just stretch it out. Perhaps actually take my nap today. I missed it yesterday and I was a bit grumpy.)

I have officially decided to take pictures of before and after for this challenge and then go from there. I know that Tarah​ keeps telling me to take before and after pics of my whole body but I really hate pictures of myself so I think baby steps are needed!


Back view will be this step and then if we do the ab challenge then I will be taking pictures of my front.

No comments:

Post a Comment