Thursday, August 20, 2015

Day 48

8/20/15

Day 48: Work Out / Day 18: Squat Challenge (75)

Today's picture is for those in our group who have been sick and not able to do as much lately! Don't feel bad or guilty for missing a class or 100. Worry about recovering and don't push yourself.

Another good day of working out, and I actually answered the daily question today. I think I had to much social energy and I wanted to talk a bit more than I should have so I made sure to keep a bunch of stuff to myself, lol, I am there to workout not talk everyone's ears off.

On a plus side, if you were there this morning and you remembered my story about Lilly and the lack of mom, I have a follow up! Husband came home from lunch and asked her where Mama was and she pointed right at me and not just my boobs, rofl

Now on to the workout:

1) Warm ups

2) Head to the bridge and lunge across (I was ahead of the group and missed half the bridge lunges but I still felt every one of these.)

3) Quick jog to the softball field (I managed to keep up and held a nice jog for quite a while before I had to stop and walk)

4) Partner up and each partner does 2 sets of:

-One person wall sits while the other: (wall sits were okay on the first round, I brought my ball with me to use)

-High knee runs to the first base, (I felt bad for my partner since I am mostly slow when it comes to these kinda things but I sped it up on the second round)

-Do 5 jumping jacks at the base, normal or low impact (stuck with the low impact)

-Butt kicks back to the partner (My shins were none too pleased but I stuck it through and got me a good leg workout today)

5) Another partner workout: (My partner was a little sick today so we just took it slow and I was totally cool with that. We did a light jog to the bases and instead of jumping high fives we stood in place and I did stuff with my legs. Like a bend at the knee behind me kick or a calf pulse or what have you. The other group even tried to slow down to see if we could catch up and we still didn't manage it so we all got out of the push ups, lol)

-Run to each base and do a number of Jumping High 5's 
-If the other team catches up to you, they have to do push ups

6) Circle all the strollers around the pitchers mound

7) Hokey Pokey:
(This was a fun one today and not as much dust in my face! I saw Janet look over at me when Coral told us we could go as far back as we wanted and as a joke, I stood right in front of my stroller so I had to only move like 1 step, lol, I did go a good feet back so I could get a jog in during our song.)

Each verse had a different workout and Coral let us choose how far or how close we wanted to be to the strollers

You put your right hand in: Run to the strollers
You put your right hand out: Backpedal to the starting spot
You put your right hand in: Run to the strollers
And you shake it all about: Run in place

You do the hokey pokey: Pivot around 
and you turn yourself around
That what it's all about.: Lateral Lunges, one each leg

- left & right hand
- left & right foot
- head
- whole self

8) Get out our bands for Tricep Extensions (Not too bad, got some arm stretches done)

9) Head back to the bridge (I made sure to ask about our next step so I didn't miss out on an activity on the bridge again. Found out we were doing some taps, lol)

10) Toe Taps: 20 seconds tapping, 10 second breaks 2x (I like when we take breaks and have shorter spans for these since I feel I can dig deeper for these)

11) Head down to a new cool down area, get out our mats (Seriously, the stupid gophers make it hard to find nice and even ground to lay down on)

12) Complete a 7 minute pilates routine (I decided to skip out on most of these at the park because the ground was stupid. I made up for it at home on a surface that my back could handle.)

13) Stretch out, pack up and head out (Everyone must have had some exciting plans to get to because everyone was out of there pretty fast today!)

Now for the Squats! Thank goodness today is a small number. Yesterday was a big one and I felt like a noodle afterwards! I wobbled here and there and just wanted to lay down and recover. No pain, thankfully, but I was totally feeling everything. Hopefully I won't be as dead after these.

Squat Challenge (75) 5 reps of each x3

Narrow Squat 
Narrow Squat with Back Kick
Basic Squat
Basic Squat with Side Leg Lift 
Sumo Squat


No comments:

Post a Comment