Monday, August 10, 2015

Day 41

August 10th, 2015

Day 41: Work Out / Day 8: Squat Challenge (Rest Day)

I was late today, as a result I missed a few things. I am starting to feel really worn down in a emotional way abut certain things and I might just need to take a break from class for a few days. I will see how it goes.

1) Warm ups (Missed them)

2) Run / jog to the baseball fence (Missed it, but that's cool, I am not into the running, lol)

3) Get your bands out and do curtsy squats (I missed these but I finally caught up with the group)

4) High knees (I high kneed it to the fence to attach my red band, lol)

5) Tricep extensions (My arms were feeling stiff but they loosened up for these and thankfully we did a few arm circles along with wrist and ankle circles after to help work out kinks and stretch more)

6) Curtsy Squats (I made it this round! My legs were okay with doing these today, not feeling too bad from the Challenge)

7) Tricep extensions and remove bands from fence (Get a little more deeper in the stretch with my arms now that I had a chance to move and groove)

8) Fast walk to the bench on the park trail (I enjoyed the fast pace, my shins did not bother me in any way during this, yay!)

9) Groups of 2 in different rotations: side step ups, push ups and resistance bands with back fly outs (I started off with the step ups today because I knew those were going to kick my ass, lol, I was right. The push ups hurt my hands but felt good on my arms. The bands were interesting, I used a green one and it was so weird since I have gotten in the mindset of using the red bands. I had to bend in different ways to get some good feels out of it.)

10) Jog / run back to the baseball area, circle the strollers (I sped walked this as well)

11) A few rounds of "Hokey Pokey". There were a lot of steps and a few might be wrong: (I may have mixed up one or two things but as long as you get the concept, we are good, lol)

-You put your right hand in: Run to the strollers
-You put your right hand out: Run back to starting point
-You put your right hand in: Run back in
-And you shake it all about: Jumping jack / squat thing
-Do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around: Turn with the jump thing or a quick feet turn
-That's what it's all about!: Backwards lunge (It was originally a squat and my thighs said hell no, lol)

12) Walk to the shady yoga mat area

13) Wheels on the bus with resistance bands (I used the red band and wow, there was so much resistance, it felt really good!)

14) Get on the mats for leg lifts in various ways (Lilly was so cute because she was doing a few of the workouts with me, lol)

15) Cat / Cow pose (Always feels good on my back and hips)

16) Stretch it all out with different stretches

17) Pack up and go home 

Not going to lie, I left class today angry and irritated. Some of it my fault and some of it outside forces. I paid some bills today and tried to walk off the bad mood but without being able to vent, it didn't really help. I let loose on my poor husband on his lunch break and now I feel a little better. I am praying that tomorrow will just be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment