Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Day 42

August 11, 2015

Day 42: Work Out / Day 9: Squat Challenge (90 total)

Good evening all, I am doing this post REALLY late tonight, lol, I did make it to class this morning. On time and everything! As for the picture today, I wanted funny vs another motivational one.

1) Warm ups (I made it on time and had no answer for the question of the day. I have no favorite stone / mineral/ stuff, lol, I did really enjoy the switch up in routines for our warm ups though.)

2) Head to the bridge

3) Toe Taps - 4 sets of 20 seconds each (I think the breaks between the sets allow me to just go at a lower level then really push it for the last set. I don't feel so out of breath when we do it in smaller groups)

4) Jog at your own pace to the fence by the softball field (Man, after all this stuff that has been going on with my shins, I just sped walked it there and called it good. No way was I going to push it with jogging / running)

5) Wall Sits with rounds of Where is Thumbkin: (This part was pretty intensive. Going from wall sits to different moves in between was a great workout. I am digging my ball when we do the wall sits since it makes me focus on my body posture)

Where is Thumbkin? (Wall sit until Run away)
Where is Thumbkin? 
Here I am!
Here I am!

How are you today, sir?
Very well, I thank you.
Run away. (Run to the grass and do push ups, jog back)
Run away.
(Add 10 more seconds to the Wall Sits then proceed with the activity listed after Run Away)

Where is Pointer? (Wall Sits until Run Away)
Where is Pointer?
Here I am!
Here I am!

How are you today, sir?
Very well, I thank you.
Run away.  (Jog to the grass, do reverse lunges, jog back)
Run away.
(Add 10 more seconds to the Wall Sits then proceed with the activity listed after Run Away)

Where is Middleman? (Wall Sit until Run Away)
Where is Middleman?
Here I am!
Here I am!

How are you today, sir?
Very well, I thank you.
Run away.  (Skip to the grass and back)
Run away.
(Add 10 more seconds to the Wall Sits then proceed with the activity listed after Run Away)

Where is Ringman? (Wall Sit until Run Away)
Where is Ringman?
Here I am!
Here I am!

How are you today, sir?
Very well, I thank you.
Run away. (Grape Vines to the grass and back)  
Run away.
(Add 10 more seconds to the Wall Sits then proceed with the activity listed after Run Away)

Where is Pinkie? (Wall Sit until Run Away)
Where is Pinkie?
Here I am!
Here I am!

How are you today, sir?
Very well, I thank you.
Run away.  (Run all the bases)
Run away. 
(Add 10 more seconds to the Wall Sits then proceed with the activity listed after Run Away)

(I posted out the whole song so you readers could get an actual image of how long we are doing these activities for, lol, I screwed up with those skips by actually attempting to do them and my left shin was mad at me for a bit so I decided to just take it down a notch. I took a water break while everyone else was running the bases. I didn't feel like I missed out on anything.)

6) Squat Challenge: (While we are still all noodle leg and recovering from the previous workout, the class was small enough today that Coral let us do the entire challenge with her watching our body posture and positioning. We should be feeling the squats in our BUTTS and not our THIGHS because it could lead to back and knee pain if we are doing these wrong. Seriously though, I was super extra careful today because she was watching like a hawk! I lost count a few times so I think that I did more than 90 but at least I got them all done and with correct motions!)

Narrow Squat 
Narrow Squat with Back Kick
Basic Squat
Basic Squat with Side Leg Lift 
Sumo Squat

Total of 9 reps, repeat 2x = 90 Squats

7) Head back over the bridge, jog / run at your own pace to the picnic benches (Oi, another running thing. Whine, complain, lol, I lived and my shins were okay. I walked most of it and took a small short cut straight to the benches)

8) Walk to the grassy area to put our yoga mats down

9) (There was supposed to another activity here but I seriously can't remember what Coral had us do! All I can remember is Janet taking us through the next steps)

10) Janet​ took a bit of time to walk us through some body posture education (As unexpected as this was for Janet, I think she gave us some great advice on posture and led us through a few really nice stretches! Ever since I have been pregnant and given birth to Lilly, my right side has been giving me so many issues and Janet had great tips for me!)

11) Pack up and go home

I think today was nice, I had a fantastic nap this afternoon and my mood was vastly improved! I really need to stop skipping my freaking naps. It makes me a moody, cranky bitch to be around. That being said, I just want to state that I am always going to be at this class unless an emergency happens or Coral cancels.

I have really bad days and some good days and this class helps me get outside and improves the amount of good ones. I know Coral told me it is okay to take a couple days off but that would just lead me down a dark path of being miserable and feeling guilty.

So I am going to promise to take my daily nap and show up to class and my weight loss journey shall continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment