Monday, August 3, 2015

Day 37

Day 37 of Work out / Day 1 of Squat Challenge 


Today's picture is the Squat Challenge that we are doing in our group so those of you at home can follow along, if you wanted to!

This morning was a bit rough. I managed to lose my deodorant even though I thought I had put it back in the bathroom after the kids got to it, so I had to use my husbands instead. This was followed by my Son refusing to get out from under his blanket and out of bed so there went another 15 minutes of frustration. Lilly woke up and was in a great mood, go figure.

As a result, I missed warm ups and my mind was frazzled. Good news though! I got myself together and completed the workout! <3

1) Meet up with the group over at the baseball fence (I kept an eagle on eye on where the group was going so I could catch up with them. Good thing we have a basic routine so once I see them heading in one direction, I can figure it out pretty fast where they are going. I sped walked so that was kinda like a warm up?)

2) Get out the bands for over head resistance band work (This was so not a good morning to lose my deodorant. The smell of my husbands was so strong on my poor stomach it was killer doing those over head arm presses!)

3) Start the Squat Challenge: Narrow Squat, Narrow Squat with Back Kick, Basic Squat, Basic Squat with Side Leg Lift, Sumo Squat (The squats weren't actually that bad. I got them all complete and didn't feel so silly or slow at them. I think my favorite out of all of them were the Sumo ones since I could really get low in those! I totally think that I can handle 10 reps of each tomorrow!)

4) Red light, Green light and Run / job at 75% to the bench area off the trail (The lunges seemed to last forever today and the running hurt my shins. I am trying my best to make sure I don't end up with those stupid Shin Splints but I don't know if I am going to just end up with them anyways. I just need to stretch it out more on my legs before, during and after each workout)

5) Once at the bench, Rotations of Bench dips. push ups and high kicks (I started out with the high kicks and moved on from there. I did pretty awesome with my kicks, Good on the push ups and hated my arms with the dips. My arms felt like noodles and I was irritated at them.)

6) Red light, Green light back to the fence (More of those silly lunges and running activities, lol, I did more lunges on the way back since I wanted to at least get myself to make up for my lack of running. My shins were really bothering me while running but they were fine during everything else.)

7) Over head press with the other leg forward (When I finally made it back to the fence for our 2nd round of over head presses, I was ready to just hose off my arm pits so the smell would stop killing me. I stuck it through and, with a brief pause to kill a mosquito on Lilly, I completed the arms without dying)

8) Walk to the path that leads to the benches for some side shuffles (So I was a dummy and decided to just walk on the grass to the benches and misses half the shuffles, lol, I did get some in so yay on me but I really needed to pay attention to where Coral was walking)

9) Downward dog on the bench then Mountain Climbers on the bench 2x (I was really disappointed that I was feeling both of these activities in my arms because they were hurting. I want to start feeling sore in my core muscles and what not vs just the pain in my arms from supporting my torso. Once we sped up with the mountain climbers, I felt a bit more in my tummy but just not enough to make me happy)

10) Move over to the grassy area for mat work (Great chance to just rest my wrists and catch my breath)

11) Sit with your butt on the yoga mats for different activities involving "If you are happy and you know it" Touch you knees, Side to Side, Touch your Toes, Bicycles all of those 2 x (Once again my fat tummy was in the way of fully enjoying these activities but I pushed through my self hate and did each one of these. I think the bicycles were the easiest for me since I didn't have to struggle with my chest and stomach getting in the way. I am 100% looking forward to not having so much bulk in the way when doing these moves!)

12) Stretch it all out with some yoga stretches: downward dog, warrior pose II / Triangles on both legs (I am still in a bitter relationship with yoga moves since I can't seem to breath properly or bend and flex the way I want but I still do it and I am thankful for the stretching that I can feel when we were done)

13) Time was up so we packed it all up and we took some cute pictures of the kids playing and helping clean up (I am so happy that all of the kids get along and talk with each other. The socialization aspect of the workouts is so good for both Lilly and Santi that I can workout without too much worry that they are going to be bored and distract me with wanting to go home and what not.)

So that was today and I am cool with the smell of the deodorant now that I have food in my stomach and taken a nap. I really can't handle strong scents in the mornings. Tomorrow is supposed to be yoga day and I am looking forward to seeing how much I can do and learn from it. Maybe I can get some good tips on how to breath properly again.

No comments:

Post a Comment