Monday, August 17, 2015

Day 45

8/15/15

Day 13: Squat Challenge (105 total)
7 reps each repeat 3x
Narrow Squat 

Narrow Squat with Back Kick
Basic Squat
Basic Squat with Side Leg Lift 
Sumo Squat

Between walking around at the fair, going on that hike on Friday and not really taking a break to just sit around, my legs are really feeling everything lately!
I took my time with these ones and was so glad. I am feeling like jello and I still have a bunch of stuff to do today.
Coral posted in our Mountain Mamas group that we are not supposed to worry about the number but concentrate on our forms. Do not skip ahead in days either.
Are any of my friends still doing this challenge? What day or number are you on?

8/16/15

Day 14: Squat Challenge (60 total)
6 reps each repeat 2x
Narrow Squat 

Narrow Squat with Back Kick
Basic Squat
Basic Squat with Side Leg Lift 
Sumo Squat

So tired from today but I did them! Thank goodness it was a small number tonight. I am going to go crash and sleep until class in the morning.

8/17/15

Day 45: Work Out / Day 15: Squat Challenge (125)

I did not want to get up this morning, My gosh! I was so tempted to just sleep in and just relax all day! But I knew I would be mad at myself for not working out. If I missed today, heck, I should just miss tomorrow too and so on and so forth, lol, it is so easy to stop working out and just relax in my pj's and let the kids just sleep in.

I was late today but I still made it! I will attempt to remember everything I did but I am sure there will be errors and whatnot, lol

1) Catch up with the group by the baseball field (My eyes were still glazed from being so exhausted but I was starting to wake up...a little)

2) Attach bands chest height (Phht, I totally did finger tip and was wondering why my next few moves were NOT making sense to me, Good thing Coral is on top of these things!)

3) Pull your arms out to your sides, wide and downward facing and lift up onto your tip toes (I am sure that these have a fancy name but I do not remember hearing it. I actually liked these. Coral said it was a new move and I liked the feeling in my legs that it gave me)

4) Jog out to the dirt (I kinda stumbled along, zombie style)

5) Do some push ups (I am sure Coral said a number but I just went until everyone was all done.)

6) Jog back to the fence (Still a zombie)

7) Do a few Archer Poses with the resistance bands (Another new move, I am bummed that I was late today and I was not all the way there. I LOVE learning and trying out new moves and with 2 new additions, I was pretty excited!)

8) Jog back to the dirt (I might be adding too many jogs, lol)

9) Do a few Low Impact Jacks or if you are amazing like Coral, High Jump Jacks. (Rofl, one day I will do all the amazing tricks and jumps that our wonderful instructor can do but for now, my boobs and I will stick with low impact.)

10) Jog back to the grass and Circle the strollers

11) 5 Little Monkey's - Side squat shuffles, followed by hold plank or do burpees  (Dang, I did it, felt like I just wanted to pass out on the grass and call it a morning but I did it and didn't hold anyone back. I did collapse after one of my planks in the wet grass and I didn't care. If you know me, that should tell you how tired I was today, lol)

12) Gather everything and head to the sidewalk

13) Stroller shuffles to the benches (My feet were just not working with me for these side shuffles so I just turned them into grape vine shuffles and I ended up being fast, like a pro, rofl)

14) Pyramid of 8 Push ups and Table planks, last push up - Tricep Push up (Dang wrists, I chose the wrong height for my table and my poor wrists were mad at me but I changed tables and I really hope that I didn't sound as awful as I am thinking I sounded when I replied to Coral about the tables. I feel awful about that now. Freaking snarky comments come out when I am tired!)

15) Downward dog and open thigh stretches (I should most likely change that thigh phrasing but it is cracking me up so I will just leave it)

16) Move to the Grassy area and get out our yoga mats 

17) Lay on our stomachs, proceed with Superman swimming (I took it slow thanks to my lack of coordination and I didn't look like I was drowning! Yay!)

18) Stretch that out with a Cobra pose (My back wasn't wanting to go as high as it normally does and I could totally tell that I was not doing enough stretching during my 3 days off. Sure I was walking but not enough stretching.)

19) Lay on your side and do 25 inner leg thingies (My legs were tense and really liked these today. I will get better at moving my inside leg. Practice makes perfect!)

20) Put your legs straight out and do 25 outer leg thingies (These are a great way to workout the fair legs and your hips.)

21) Flip sides and repeat #'s 15 and 16 with the other legs 

22) Boat pose (I didn't manage to engage my core as much as I wanted with these, Thank you, Lilly, but I still got it done!)

23) Stretch it all out, pack up and go home (Oh jeeze, I was so ready to go home and just pass out but now the kids were all awake and I still had to make lunch for the hubs.)

Holy dang, It did not feel like I did that this morning and I was late! Happy Monday, workout group, rofl, I really feel proud of myself for making it today.

I know I was late and kinda lack luster to start off with but I love the fresh air and getting my body moving. I really needed it after all that fair junk I ate. Thank goodness I am past that temptation for this year, lol, I took my nap and it really helped. But now for the squat challenge.....

Day 15: 5 of each, 5x for 125

Narrow Squat 
Narrow Squat with Back Kick
Basic Squat
Basic Squat with Side Leg Lift 
Sumo Squat

Jeeeeze!!! I was so thankful last night that we only had to do 60 and I had to pause and laugh. Being relieved at only 60 squats?! Where the heck is fat and lazy Amanda?! I hope that I can toss that crazy bitch in the past and look forward to a much happier and healthier Amanda as we progress with these challenges and workouts.

I decided to take these really slow today and spaced them out between breaks and making a wonderful home cooked meal with no grease dripping every where or a million calories. I didn't really feel the need to rush through it all and risk hurting myself. I just wanted to be able to say, hey I did 125, baby!! I can do so and now I can just move on with my evening, lol


No comments:

Post a Comment