Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Day 51

8/26/15

Day 51: Work Out / Day 24: Squat Challenge (Rest Day)

Today was Trail Day!!! I totally took it easy on some of the things and I just flat out skipped on the 1/2 mile. I am still sore from yesterday's Squats and Lunges. My poor butt and thighs are totally feeling everything. My times and amounts will be awesome in September though, lol

Question of the day: What makes you keep coming to class? For me, I love seeing my new friends and their children, Getting outside my house for a little in a productive way, and I am seeing results on my body and mind with this class. I really love that I can actually do all of these activities and every day I am improving. So I continue to come to class, good days and bad so I can keep going on my healthy lifestyle.

As I did before, last month's numbers are 1st, today is 2nd

1) Quick Warm Ups (I was hoping that the warm ups would help loosen my muscles in my butt and thighs and they did a little but the pain was still there)

2) Overhead Press: 30 / 20 (My arms seemed a little tense on these today, I am not sure if it was just the red band being tough or it was actually just my arms)

3) Arm Curls: 40 / 30 (Much easier than the overhead but I took it easy since I didn't want to over do it)

4) 1/2 Mile Run: 6 min 45 Sec / X (I stayed behind with the babies and was in charge of the timer! Coral was able to run and jeeze, she is so freaking fast! Everyone had really good times today on the run though, no one over 7 minutes!)

5) Wall Sit till you drop: 1 min / 1 min 42 sec (I started out feeling okay then my legs started in with the pain and I just wanted to get as close to 2 minutes as I could. I am happy that I did gain a bit here)

6) Chair Dips: 30 / 30 (Lol, same numbers here, I was okay with keeping it even, my wrists were starting to feel it.)

7) Step Ups: 8/10 (I had Coral show my before we started the correct way to do these since I ALWAYS seem to mess them up. I must have watched really well since I improved by 2!)

8) Mountain Climbers: 20 / 30 (I wasn't trying to go higher than my previous number but I did! I think I will have to actually start doing these when they come up instead of the low impact version since I can OBVIOUSLY do these, lol)

9) Push Ups: 15 / 20 (I started out on my knees then I raised up to no knees, I am getting to the point where I can handle it. It certainly shows with my numbers going up, lol)

10) Plank till you drop: 1 min / 1 min (My poor wrists were just not having my back today. I kept equal time, so I can be happy about that but I am going to really need to look into strengthening my flimsy wrists.)

11) Fire Hydrants: 30 / 35 (These actually felt good on my sore butt and thighs, I was able to bust them out no problem)

12) Donkey Kicks: 30 / 40 (I think I might have to do a 30 day challenge with Lunges, Fire Hydrants and these so I will be getting back my bubble butt!! These are a great way to get there!)

13) Downward Dog until you drop: 2 min 30 sec / 2 mins (My times with these seem to be getting shorter every class, I am not sure what is holding me back on these but I am going to be focusing on going the distance with being able to actually hold the whole time during our normal classes)

14) Stretch it out, pack up, go home

So today was good, I was able to stretch, bend and flex and all that other good stuff. I do not feel bad at all for not running since I did everything else, I am pretty bummed about my wall sit time since I was hoping that because I didn't run, I could make it longer but I think since I did so awesome yesterday and I am still feeling it, I have a good reason to not have such a big number today.

I am beyond happy that it is a rest day for those squat. 30 days is tough, I am really happy that I am sticking with it though! I haven't heard from anyone else about who is doing this challenge still, is there anyone besides Coral and I still doing it?


No comments:

Post a Comment