Thursday, July 30, 2015

Day 36

July 30th, 2015

Day 36: Not really leg day, more like ab day, lol

1) Warm ups

2) Stretch out our legs (I had a strong feeling we were going to be doing a lot of leg work since we did our leg stretches)

3) Head over to the peapod fence (Just a normal brisk walk, I thought we would have to run it or something, lol, after trial day I was good with not)

4) Attach resistance bands at chest length then do Squat Rows and Arm Extensions (A little switch up from our normal Squat rows, instead of staying in one place, we did multiple squats so we could make sure to get lower and perfect our shape. No slouching backs here! And the arm extensions were like normal but today, I was popping in my joints. I didn't have to stop like a I normally would so I considered that a plus)

5) Undo the bands and head to the college trail (Sigh, I knew there was going to be running involved and I wasn't too excited, not gonna lie, I was hoping to get in some other leg stuff besides running.)

6) Quick game of Red light, Green Light (Longest yellow light of the day, lol, we lunged extended for days after some quick feet and then it was green light and running time!)

7) Run for 6 minutes (I just sped walked this today, I will run again on Monday but after yesterday, I was okay with just fast walking.)

8) Return to the grassy area for 5 rounds of Apple Tree (Them apples, lol, I don't mind these because the tune is catchy and I can actually do all the rounds without having to pause! I suggested that Coral post the songs to all of our work outs on the actual group page so we can memorize them and actually sing along like we are supposed to)

9) Get out our yoga mats for some tummy toning (I was pretty excited to try out some tummy time!)

10) We did a rotation set 2x with breaks in between of: Superman push ups or a plank hold, Star Fish crunch, Spiderman Climbers, and Windshield Wipers (So the guy in the video made these all seem like a breeze, of course he was all muscle man and in shape, lol, it was really fun to try these out and in such a fast pace, it was not as hard as going slow would have been. You don't really have time to think about how many more you have to do when you are moving on a time frame.)

11) Stretch it out with sunny day windshield wipers and leg flexes / stretches (Coral told us that the windshield wipers we had been doing in the previous workout were referred to as rainy day wipers and to do a relaxed version we did the sunny day kind. Just lay on your back and bend your knees, leaving your legs flat on the ground and breath. These are a great way to just unwind and stretch out your legs and core)

12) Pack it up and go home (I let Lilly play on the swings today and I decided to check out the new height of the sand chips since they restocked them yesterday! I am so pumped to try out the swing exercises now because the height is now possible!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment