Thursday, July 30, 2015

Day 26

July 13th

Day 26: Coral called this: Shapin' Sexy Thighs day (I think it was a fancy way of saying leg day, lol)
I am going to try to do a recap. I was on just follow and do today instead of remember mode, it all blends together when you have a great work out! Things will be out of order and I know I am going to forget one or two things. And because I told Coral I would add more of my opinion in my posts, there will be some of that as well.
1) Warm ups (Like every other Monday, I seem to only be able to hold the squats for the first round, but it gets easier as the days pass and my booty and legs get back into it, lol)
2) Follow the leader to the baseball field (I actually ran and kept up, thank you very much!)
3) Get out resistance bands and attach them to the fence, ankle level
4) Rotation shifts between right leg and left leg inner thigh with the bands (Once again, I seem to have been feeling these stretches on the leg I am balancing on vs the thighs or the leg that is actually moving. As we continued our rotations, I began to feel it. I totally played it safe today and used a green band. I am thinking I should stop giving myself breaks like that because it does me no good and defeats my purpose.)
5) Push ups
6) More inner thigh flexes
7) Some fancy leg thingies that reminded me of the grape vine exercise, lol (I was so jelly legged after doing these but I did them all and with NO stops!)
8) More inner thigh flexes
9) Those vine thingies with the resistance bands so we were working our legs and arms
10) Mountain climbers (We have a choice of on the ground or standing up and I was the rebel who was standing up, lol, I prefer them that way)
11) Move the resistance bands to arm level and to Tricep extensions
12) I know this one is way out of order, but we also did some partner resistance band work: 1 person held the band while the other did sets of jumping jack arm thingies. Low, middle and high were the levels. (These were pretty fun, I kinda felt like I was playing a kind of red light, green light since we switched between the levels and I had to readjust on the fly, lol)
13) Pack up and move to the tables then change our minds because of time (I am thinking I got out of step ups and other additional leg tortures -ahem- lol)
14) Move to our normal cool down area and we got out our bands again and did a VERY long round of Old Mac Donald, this exercise worked out our outer thighs and I tend to stick with the squats instead of the jumping jacks that everyone else does during the intervals (I was totally awesome and suggested the he had Raptors on his farm, lol, what sound do they make? I chose the clicking sound. Of course, they also bark and growl so there were some options :P)
15) We then got out our yoga mats for some leg scissors and leg spread thingies. (Feeling very happy I am comfortable with my workout group because those leg spread things were very -ahem- and I want to give a shout out to my daughter who decided it would be awesome to body slam my stomach while my legs were spread then laugh in my face, love you ♥)
16) Cool down and stretching!
So I think that I will stop taking it easy on myself after today because I want to actually get results and playing it safe and comfortable is not going to do it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment