Thursday, July 30, 2015

Day 30

July 20th

Day 30: Monday again! I brought a guest, Hillary, with me so that was fun to show off what our class is all about.
On a more personal note: I was feeling low on energy today thanks to not really doing anything for 3 days and being a female with bleeding girl parts. I was even debating on NOT going today but I sucked it up and am glad I did. Sorry for the TMI, rofl, so let's get on with the post for today
1) Warm ups (I feel bad for dragging out my question of the day answer since I feel like it cut into our workout time D: And then I realized that Hillary never even got to answer. I am so just going to go last or just keep it REALLY short, rofl, oops!)
2) Head to the fence past the tennis courts where the snap peas grow, get out our bands and do a few sets of fly outs and arm curls (I still get a laugh when people realize that there are things growing on those vines besides flowers. Besides the sun being all up in my face, it was nice to get my arms moving again today.)
3) Follow the Leader to the baseball field (I was rocking it today, not gonna lie, Coral even gave me a compliment I think that the running has become so much easier and I don't dread it as much as I used to. Still not a favorite but not the worst thing we could do)
4) Get out our bands for some curtsy squats (So those grape vine foot shuffles squats have an official name and Hillary showed off a little by knowing it. They are called Curtsy Squats! I felt those suckers in my legs.)
5) Get into partners for some Resistance Jacks (These are the ones where your partner hold the bands while you do jumping jacks or low impact jacks. I think they are pretty fun and once I stopped doing the low version ones wrong I actually did pretty good, lol, lift those arms up when you go low and you suddenly feel everything)
6) Pack up and head over to the picnic tables where we did a mix of low level mountain climbers and downward dogs (Thanks to a video that I shared with Coral, we tried out a low impact version of the mountain climbers that I could do today. I will for sure speed these up once I am done with the female time. Jumping and twisting and whatnot feels disgusting when you are a mess in the lower area ^^' I was able to do the new downward dogs easier though. I like how much smoother it was for me to do them dogs when I was on the bench vs the ground.)
7) Move over to the grassy area, get out our mats and alternate between side and tummy planks (Lilly really likes to help me whenever I am on the ground so these were a bit more fun, lol. I was totally okay with taking it a bit easy here since I was feeling so worn out and ready for a nap by this time. I did surprise myself with being able to lift and hold myself off the ground for the side planks though!)
8) Finish it all off by stretching it out (Wanted to just melt into my nap but I packed it up and headed home after stretching it out. I am really hoping tomorrow will be better! I am so over this female thing. 
I want to work out with my positive energy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment