Thursday, July 30, 2015

Day 28

July 15th

Day 28: Back to our normal posting thanks to my internet coming back! I was on time and even a little early for our workout today! I am feeling so sore today between yesterday's workout and cleaning my house but I was able to work out just fine (kinda, lol)
1) Warm ups with some bonus leg stuff thrown in (This made me suspicious about there being running or some other kinda leg work today....I was right, lol)
2) Run to the baseball field fence where we got out our arm bands and did some tricep extensions (I was really feeling these in my arms today, thanks to being so sore but it was a good stretch)
3) Run to a bench that was past the baseball field (Between being sore and my legs feeling everything from yesterday, I feel like I did okay, lol, I actually ran for a good minute before I had to speed walk and jog interval)
4) Complete 3 stations of: jumping jacks, tricep dips and push ups (I did awesome on my low impact jumping jacks and pretty good on my push ups and I was dead by the time I hit the stupid dips. I did like 5 of them vs the 20 should have happened but hey, at least I tried!)
5) Red light, Green light back to the baseball fence (I had to take it easy today and did not feel guilty or like I was giving up at all. I did a mixture of lunge extensions and lunge curls. I also focused on not hurting myself or falling too behind by doing some quick feet to catch up while people were getting ahead of me, lol)
6) We got back to our bands and did a few more tricep extensions (these helped my arms get a little less jelly from those push ups and dips, lol)
7) Walk to a grassy area where we got out our mats and did some boat thingies (I really feel these in my core which is a good and bad feeling for me since I feel so fat when I actually use my core in workouts I just need to work my stomach more and get rid of this stupid pooch!)
8) Stretching and other such stuff to cool down and unwind (I gotta admit, I used to love doing yoga and Pilates but I am just not a fan anymore. Maybe once my gut is smaller I might be into it but I feel so awkward and out of shape when I am bending and hold certain positions that I become frustrated and just want to move on. I still do the poses, of course, I need to stretch and loosen up but ugh, I am all about the cardio and moving and jumping around vs staying in one place and bending like a noodle, lol!!)
Over all, today was good. I was really surprised that I am so sore but I feel accomplished because I am. It feels like I am actually getting some results and my stamina is totally building!
27 days ago, I would NOT have been able to run as much as I have in the past 2 days AND keep going on to do more exercises and my catch up time is improving as well. I can catch my breath faster 
Also to the ladies who told me they enjoyed my posts this morning, thank you! I love writing these posts and I am happy people are actually reading them.
I really want to inspire others to get up and do something and hey, if I can do it with my two kids with me. Why can't you do it with your kids or alone? I want to be fit and healthy and I want the same for others

No comments:

Post a Comment